Thursday, July 2, 2015

Continental Chart: Mid-Year Chart of 2015

Hello, hello! (I don't know why you say goodbye when I say hello...)
------
Oh, sorry, that was a Beatles song. It's called Hello Goodbye. You should listen to it. It's catchy. :)
Alright, now, where was I? Oh, yes, the official Continental Chart for the first six months of 2015!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I apologize for the delay. I made the chart yesterday and would've posted it then, but my area had a tornado warning. :( Everything's alright, though, so don't worry too much!
Now, before we cut to the chase, first I need to tell you about how this chart was made. This chart is based on four factors:
1. Overall in-head "airplay"/opinion
2. Chart success
3. Overall success
4. A little extra bonus for songs that stuck around longer than they were supposed to. :)
Also, the chart contains songs that have not been seen on the Continental Chart but still were pretty high-ranking. Because of this, I've decided to list the overall peaks of songs, not their peaks since when I started posting or even since 2015. So, if you're confused about some songs, then look back here.
One more note (sorry that I'm making this so long, but this is important): 
Please do not post spoilers onto the other blogs. I'd like to keep the "surprise" into reading this. That is all. Thank you.
With all that being said and done, let's first look at some highly honorable mentions:

  • Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt...
  • Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One
  • Ed Sheeran & Rudimental - Bloodstream
  • Maroon 5 - Sugar
  • Nate Ruess - AhHa

AND NOW LET'S BEGIN THE 2015 MID-YEAR CONTINENTAL CHART!!


#30. Priory - Weekend (peak: #9)
#29. DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (peak: #4)
#28. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out {5 Weeks @ #1}
#27. Nico & Vinz - In Your Arms (peak: #5)
#26. The Script - Superheroes {1 Week @ #1}
#25. Olly Murs/Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up (peak: #10)
#24. Marlon Roudette - When the Beat Drops Out (peak: #6)
#23. One Direction - Night Changes (peak: #13)
#22. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again {1 Week @ #1}
#21. Zedd/Selena Gomez - I Want You to Know (peak: #3)
#20. Vance Joy - Riptide {1 Week @ #1}
#19. Fall Out Boy - Centuries {1 Week @ #1}
#18. Nick Jonas - Chains {1 Week @ #1}
#17. Echosmith - Bright (peak: #6)
#16. The Script - No Good in Goodbye {2 Weeks @ #1}
#15. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding - Outside (peak: #5)
#14. Sam Smith - Lay Me Down (peak: #4)
#13. David Guetta/Sam Martin - Dangerous {1 Week @ #1}
#12. Nick Jonas - Jealous {1 Week @ #1}
#11. Life of Dillon - Overload {1 Week @ #1}
#10. OneRepublic - I Lived {1 Week @ #1}
#9. Ella Henderson - Ghost {1 Week @ #1}
#8. LunchMoney Lewis - Bills (peak: #3)
#7. Sheppard - Geronimo {1 Week @ #1}
#6. George Ezra - Budapest (peak: #4)
#5. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. {2 Weeks @ #1}
#4. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud {2 Weeks @ #1}
#3. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance {4 Weeks @ #1}
#2. Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love {6 Weeks @ #1}











And THE #1 song of the first six months of 2015 IS...













#1. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life {1 Week @ #1}











OKAY, PUT DOWN YOUR PITCHFORKS, GUYS!!! (jk tho)
In case you're wondering how in the world this song was the #1 song of the year thus far...well, let me just give you one of the reasons: its chart run from February to when it hit #1.

2/7/15: #3 (behind Chains @ #1 and Thinking Out Loud @ #2)
2/14/15: #2 (behind Thinking Out Loud @ #1)
2/21/15: #3 (behind Shut Up and Dance @ #1 and Thinking Out Loud @ #2)
2/28/15: #3 (behind Nothing Without Love @ #1 and Thinking Out Loud @ #2)
3/7/15: #3 (behind Thinking Out Loud @ #1 and Nothing Without Love @ #2)
3/14/15: #3 (behind Riptide @ #1 and Nothing Without Love @ #2)
3/21/15: #2 (behind Nothing Without Love @ #1)
3/28/15: #2 (behind Nothing Without Love @ #1)
4/4/15: #3 (behind Nothing Without Love @ #1 and Shut Up and Dance @ #2)
4/11/15: #1 (behind absolutely nothing)

So, to those of you who guessed at #1, nice guesses!! But I guess it was my fault for making it so obscure!
Also, I would like to give a special ShoutOut to...

MIKEY!!!
Thanks for commenting, and here's hoping you had a good birthday yesterday!
And thank YOU, dear reader, for checking the Chart!

#DeoSitGloria
-Thatchos :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm going camping tomorrow but I will comment on idk as annoy minus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ive just set the record for most shout outs now ive had 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice chart!

    I just updated the "New Songs Out There" tab on my blog! Check it out for some of the most recently released songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian! I thoroughly enjoyed your mid-year chart as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, so basically when you say "overall peak" you mean it's peak since when you first started making these charts, am I right?
    But, overall, NICELY DONE THATHY-OS! #badnickname
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome chart! I love how you made the number one song different than what we thought. Very different and creative. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments! I can just imagine what Remy was thinking looking at the chart.
      **sees #3**
      "Well, I guess I was right! Nothing Without Love is #1 for the first half of 2015---"
      **sees #2**
      "WHATWHATWHAT?!?!"

      Delete
    2. You hit the nail right exactly on the head.
      -Remy

      Delete
  6. ATTENTION ATTENTION
    I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm having trouble choosing the Breakout Hit for this week's chart. I'm stuck between All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give and Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It.
    So...I've decided to let you guys decide and to make a poll!!!
    You guys have until tomorrow to vote! Just go to this link:
    http://www.poll-maker.com/poll353198x51fD40b3-13

    Enjoy, and happy voting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete