Saturday, August 1, 2015

Continental Chart - Week of August 1, 2015

AUGUST AUGUST AUGUST IT'S AUGUST ALREADY AND SUMMER IS ENDING AND HOW IS THIS HAPPENING AUAHS;FHHAKSDHFLUKAJHSNRLNUWAORIT;LVKMSPIO;LKVUFA




Oh, sorry, that...was off-topic.

Hello again!!! Welcome to the nineteenth week of this Continental Chart!! (That's right, only one away from twenty!)
Before we begin, there's something I felt I should address. Not that it's been a problem, but I felt I should bring this up:

Please refrain from cussing and swearing in the comments section. I don't see that as wholesome or as something that makes one look cool. Thank you.

Now that we've got that out of the way, remember when I said this week would be BIG?!
I wasn't kidding. There will be surprises. There will be things that come out of nowhere. And there will certainly be records broken this week.
In fact...it's almost...like...an episode of...

CURLIN'S TOP 45!!!
(DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNN)

Okay, you've probably had enough of my rambling, so let's move on to our SEVEN Dearly Departed Ditties:

  • All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (#18)*
  • Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now (#21)
  • twenty one pilots - Tear in My Heart (#25)*
  • Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand (#26)
  • MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish (#28)
  • Life of Dillon - Overload (#29) {1 Week @ #1} [x2]
  • Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love (#30) {4 Weeks @ #1}

Last Week's #1: Rachel Platten - Fight Song (1)

The Chart:
#30. Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (#6)
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 11
#29. DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (#17)
Peak: #4
Weeks on Chart: 14

#28. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (RE-ENTRY)
Peak: #21
Weeks on Chart: 5
#27. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (DEBUT)
Peak: #27
Weeks on Chart: 1
#26. George Ezra - Budapest (#14)
Peak: #4
Weeks on Chart: 19
#25. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town (RE-ENTRY)
Peak: #16
Weeks on Chart: 7

#24. 5 Seconds of Summer - She's Kinda Hot (DEBUT)
Peak: #24
Weeks on Chart: 1

#23. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (DEBUT)
Peak: #23
Weeks on Chart: 1
#22. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life (#23) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 19
#21. Taylor Swift/Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood (#15)
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 11
#20. Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me (DEBUT)
Peak: #20
Weeks on Chart: 1
#19. Nico & Vinz/Kid Ink/Bebe Rexha - That's How You Know (#24)
Peak: #17
Weeks on Chart: 3
#18. Tiga - [Far From] Home (#22)
Peak: #18 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#17. American Authors - Go Big or Go Home (#19)
Peak: #17 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 3
#16. Echosmith - Bright (#20)
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 19
#15. Jack Ü/Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now (#13)*
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 8
#14. Silentó - Watch Me [Whip / Nae Nae] (#16)
Peak: #14 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 5
#13. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (#27)*
Peak: #13 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 4
#12. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (#8) {3 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 19
#11. X Ambassadors - Renegades (#7)
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 4
#10. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Omen (DEBUT)
Peak: #10
Weeks on Chart: 1
#9. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#12) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 16
#8. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#9)
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 10
#7. Years & Years - King (#3)
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 8
#6. Sia - Elastic Heart (#10)
Peak: #6 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 14
#5. Major Lazer x DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On (#11)
Peak: #5 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 9
#4. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (#1) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 11
#3. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (#5)
Peak: #3 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 9
#2. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#3) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 8










And this week's #1 song IS ONCE AGAIN...






#1. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (#2) {5th Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 18










This Week's Biggest Tumble: Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (-24, new record for biggest ever)
This Week's Biggest Leap: Shawn Mendes - Stitches (+13)

Note: even though Honey, I'm Good. has broken the record for most published weeks at #1, Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love still holds the record for most overall weeks at #1, with 6. A song will need to spend seven weeks on top if they want to break the overall record. Ok thnx.

Breakout Hit of the Week:
Jason Derulo - Cheyenne

This week's ShoutOuts go to...
MIKEY AND GRAHAM!!!
Thank you both for being honest about your opinions on last week's Breakout Hit and #1 song, respectively!
And thank YOU, dear reader, for checking the Chart!

#DeoSitGloria
-Thatchos :)

26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mikey's total shoutouts: 4
      My total shoutouts: 4
      SO WE'RE TIED OHHHH TAKE THAT MIKEY!
      -Remy

      Delete
  2. and btw i was trying to be enthuiastic by not being enthusiastic

    its what piff the magic dragon does on americas got talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Piff The Magic Dragon!!! His attitude just cracks me up. He definitely deserved the golden buzzer from Neil Patrick Harris.

      Delete
    2. I want him to win the whole thing cause hes so boss

      Delete
  3. Nice chart Thatchy! CHEYENNE FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was surprised that Nothing Without Love dropped out! But...it was #30 last week...so I actually kinda expected it as well.
    Yay! Cheyenne is AWESOME!
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY CHEYENNE! I honestly don't like the original version of honey im good but the remix is awesome! Also Thx for shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wait theres a remix? NOOOOOOOOOO NOT AGAIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice chart, and thanks for the "compliment".

    Yes, it really was like my chart this week. All that was missing was about 2 more exits and a song leaving from #2 or #3. ;)

    THAT'S NOT A CHALLENGE DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUS

    Also, I feel the time is right to ask for another shoutout, por favor?

    That is all. PEACE!

    -Trance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Trance. You'll get a shoutout next week, I guarantee it.
      All you have to do is ask POLITELY for one...like I do... (hint hint, Mikey...)
      -Remy

      Delete
    2. Really it's not about asking. Trance and Graham got shout-outs after admitting they didn't deserve one. So you'll just have to see who gets a shout-out…

      and it's not a race, either, so CALM DOWN REMY AND MIKE!!!

      #JKTho

      Delete
  10. And now: a continental chart review!!!

    X18. I forgot that this song existed(PINK)

    X21. Awwwwwwww(GREEN)

    X25. Awwwwwwww(GREEN)

    X26. Ehhhhhhh(BLUE)

    X28. Just when I start to like it. OHOKDENFINE(GREEN)

    X29. Well, I don't know(GREEN/TURQUOISE?)

    X30. Same as above(GREEN/TURQUOISE?)

    30. Same thing happened on my chart(PINK)

    29. GITGITGITGIT(RED)

    28. I am sad it is kinda late for it to make my chart(BLUE)

    27. Yaaaaaaaaaay I love this one(GREEN)

    26. GITGITGITGITGIIIIIIIIIT(RED)

    25. OMG THANK YOU SOO MUCH THATCHOS(GREEN)

    24. Still undecided(DARK GREEN)

    23. This song is interesting(BLUE/GREEN)

    22. .............(RED)

    21. I'm glad to see you are enjoying it :) (GREEN)

    20. Have not heard it yet(DARK GREEN)

    19. Ahhhhh yes this is nice(GREEN)

    18. Have not heard it yet(DARK GREEN)

    17. Keep on moving up!!(GREEN)

    16. I never fully liked this one(RED)

    15. I can't believe it's not on hits 1(GREEN)

    14. Now watch me hate, now watch me no way(ORANGE)

    13. The big jump after not doing so well(GREEN)

    12. I don't want to hate you(YELLOW)

    11. Nuuuuuuuuu don't drop like dat(GREEN)

    10. WOAH! Didn't see it coming. But I am really loving this song ALOT(GREEN)

    9. Really? OHOKDENFINE(YELLOW)

    8. Alright, you can stay(BLUE)

    7. I thought this was LONG gone. Guess not(BLUE)

    6. This was on my chart at the beginning(YELLOW)

    5. OH YES THANK YOU VERY MUCH THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH GETTING DAT TOP 5 DOE THANK YOU VERY MUCH YAAAAAAAAAY(PURPLE)

    4. It got old quickly for me(YELLOW)

    3. Well, I think we will be seeing it at number one at least once(GREEN)

    2. I would like to see another number one out of this song(GREEN)

    1. I am growing back into it(PINK)


    Top 5
    1. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ-Lean On
    2. Adam Lambert-Ghost Town
    3. Disclosure/Sam Smith-Omen
    4. Skrillex & Diplo/Justin Bieber-Where Are U Now
    5. Meghan Trainor/John Legend-Like I'm Gonna Lose You

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thatchos, I know how you feel about "official" single covers. So I thought you might want this.

    http://orig14.deviantart.net/27aa/f/2015/128/a/e/jason_derulo_cheyenne_album_cover_single_cover_by_zerjer97-d8snfjd.png

    Merry Christmas. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can Remy please have a shoutout this week (in order to top Mikey)?
    #JKTHO
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete