Saturday, August 15, 2015

Continental Chart - Week of August 15, 2015

Hello, and welcome to week number "9 + 10" of the Continental Chart!!! I'm your host...sort of...Thatchos.
I gotta say, this week was interesting. Why, you might ask? I actually started school again this week. It felt odd at first, particularly because I hadn't really worked my brain in 3 months, but it's starting to feel normal again. :)
I'm guessing you've heard enough about my personal life, so here's this week's (somewhat shorter) list of Dearly Departed Ditties:
  • Jack Ü/Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now (#17)*
  • Tiga - [Far From] Home (#19)
  • Echosmith - Bright (#21)
  • Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It (#23)
  • George Ezra - Budapest (#25)
  • Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (#26) [x2]


Last Week's #1: Rachel Platten - Fight Song (2)

The Chart:
#30. Elle King - Ex's and Oh's (DEBUT)
Peak: #30
Weeks on Chart: 1
#29. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ed Sheeran - Growing Up [Sloane's Song] (#30)
Peak: #29 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#28. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (#28)
Peak: #27
Weeks on Chart: 3
#27. All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (RE-ENTRY)*
Peak: #16
Weeks on Chart: 4
#26. MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish (RE-ENTRY)
Peak: #26 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 1
#25. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (#14) {3 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 21
#24. Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now (RE-ENTRY)
Peak: #18
Weeks on Chart: 10
#23. 5 Seconds of Summer - She's Kinda Hot (RE-ENTRY)
Peak: #23 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#22. twenty one pilots - Tear in My Heart (#27)*
Peak: #17
Weeks on Chart: 9
#21. Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me (#15)
Peak: #15
Weeks on Chart: 3
#20. Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (RE-ENTRY)*
Peak: #17
Weeks on Chart: 5
#19. Jason Derulo - Cheyenne (#22)
Peak: #19 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#18. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away (#24)
Peak: #18 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#17. Years & Years - King (#18)
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 10
#16. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#7) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 18
#15. Silentó - Watch Me [Whip / Nae Nae] (#12)
Peak: #12
Weeks on Chart: 7
#14. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#29)
Peak: #14 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#13. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (#9)
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 3
#12. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Omen (#11)
Peak: #10
Weeks on Chart: 3
#11. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (#8)*
Peak: #8
Weeks on Chart: 6
#10. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#5)
Peak: #5
Weeks on Chart: 12
#9. X Ambassadors - Renegades (#10)
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 6
#8. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (#6) {5 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 20
#7. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town (#13)
Peak: #7 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 9
#6. American Authors - Go Big or Go Home (#16)
Peak: #6 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 5
#5. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (#2)
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 11
#4. Major Lazer & DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On (#4)
Peak: #4
Weeks on Chart: 11
#3. U2 - Song for Someone (#20)
Peak: #3 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#2. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (#1) {2 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 13










And this week's #1 song IS...









#1. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#3) {2nd Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 10










This Week's Biggest Tumble: WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (-11)
This Week's Biggest Leap: U2 - Song for Someone (+17)


Breakout Hit of the Week:
Disclosure/Gregory Porter - Holding On

This week's ShoutOut goes to...


TRANCE!!!!
Thank you for leaving your very entertaining review AND inspiring the slight zaniness of last week's chart!
And thank YOU, dear reader, for checking the Chart!

#DeoSitGloria
-Thatchos

16 comments:

  1. My opinion on Drag Me Down = Thatchos' opinion on Song For Someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may (or may not) give a full countdown review later. ;P

      Delete
  2. You should check out new found glory and hayley Williams vicious love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shoutout, Thatchy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did sorta a review last week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think song for someone is boring sorry guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's actually week #21 of the CC. 10+9=19, not 21.
    Song For Someone's jump though...knew it would be happening!
    Also, I do believe that it's my turn for a shoutout? Please?
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I was fully aware that it was the 21st week. If you're wondering why in the world I put week number "9 + 10," look up "9 + 10 = 21." You'll see why. >:)

      Delete
    2. 9+10=21 is the stupidest joke I've ever heard. :P

      Delete
    3. Okay, I apologize. Do you think I should change it just to #21?

      Delete
    4. No I thought it was pretty funny!

      Delete
  7. Now for me review of the Continental Chart! My color-coding applies.

    Dearly Departted Ditties:

    #17. Goodbye old friend. You were good while you lasted. (Pink)
    #19. This isn't bad based off a 1:30 iTunes preview. But not necessarily good either. (Blue)
    #21. Your time has come to an end. It was good having you around. (Turquoise)
    #23. This didn't deserved to be a one-week wonder. :| (Green)
    #25. Thank the lord this one is outta here! (Red)
    #26. I'm slowly growing out of this song. (Blueish-Green)

    The Chart:
    30. Not really feeling this one. (Blueish, maybe Red)
    29. I just looked up the meaning to this song. This song could not be any sweeter. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis really know how to seperate the fun songs (Can't Hold Us, Thrift Shop) with the more meaningful songs (Same Love, Growing Up). (Green)
    28. One of Meghan Trainor's better songs. The only reason it's good is because John Legend is featured in it. (Green)
    27. Welcome back!........I feel as though one of the only people to still like this. (Green)
    26. Same as #27. (Green)
    25. No. Just no. Thank god it took a little tumble. (Red)
    24. We're Beautiful Now! (Green)
    23. Is this a record for most re-entries in one week? (Green)
    22. Slowly growing out of this song. (Blue)
    21. Really catchy song from Ms. Jepsen. I can't wait for her new album. (Green)
    20. I'm speechless. And not in a good way. (Orange)
    19. Finally. A Jason Derulo song that isn't complete crap ever since Talk Dirty. (Green)
    18. I completely disagree with Trance about this one. I'm really loving this one. (Green)
    17. This one is still pretty good. (Green)
    16. Yes, I still enjoy this song. (Green)
    15. This however........ (Orange - Tie w/ #20)
    14. Thankfully, this one made up for the madness at #15. (Purple)
    13. Definitely Tori Kelly's best. (Green)
    12. Sometimes I like this song, while other times it's just okay. (Green/Blue)
    11. As much as I love Shawn Mendes, I've heard this one a few more times than I should've. (Blue/Pink)
    10. Not as boring as Thinking Out Loud while still being a meaningful song. Well done Ed Sheeran. (Green)
    9. I'm still loving this song. (Purple - Tie w/ #14)
    8. This one.......not so much. (Yellow)
    7. Yaaasssss baby! New peak! (Green)
    6. Can u not?!?! (Red)
    5. His performance on America's Got Talent was just brutal to watch. I now like this song even less and I didn't think that was possible. (Red)
    4. This song has gotten more success than I thought it would get. (Green)
    3. Still not really sure about this one. (Blue/Red/Dark Green)
    2. I remember when this song was only popular on Adult Contemporary stations. :/ (Pink)
    1. Still not The Weeknd's best. But definitely one of the better songs out there compared to Cheerleader and Fight Song. (Blue)

    Breakout Hit Of The Week: Not feeling this one. (Blue, possibly Red)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Top 5 Picks:
      1. TIE: One Direction - Drag Me Down
      1. TIE: X Ambassadors - Renegades
      3. R. City ft. Adam Levine - Locked Away
      4. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
      5. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Ed Sheeran - Growing Up (Sloane's Song)

      My Top 5 Least Faves:
      1. TIE: Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman
      1. TIE: Silento - Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)
      3. Omi - Cheerleader
      4. Walk The Moon - Shut Up and Dance
      5. American Authors - Go Big Or Go Home


      And that just about wraps up my Continental Chart review! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
    2. Nice review!
      -Remy

      Delete