Saturday, August 8, 2015

Continental Chart - Week of August 8, 2015

Hello, and welcome to this week's Continental Chart!!!
Something tells me this week is special for some reason...I can't remember why...



Oh, yeah, I remember. It was my last full week of summer vacation this past week. I must admit it has been fun, but most good things just have to come to an end. So I bid farewell to this summer vacation and look foreword forward to the future.

Wait a minute, there might be something else...




yeah, I remember what it is now.
IT'S THE TWENTIETH WEEK!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D D: :D :D 

I would like to thank you guys for reading, commenting, and overall being awesome!
Now that we've got that out of the way, here's this week's list of Dearly Departed Ditties:

  • Sia - Elastic Heart (#6) [Yep. Not a typo.]
  • Nico & Vinz/Kid Ink/Bebe Rexha - That's How You Know (#19)
  • Taylor Swift/Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood (#21)
  • Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life (#22) {1 Week @ #1}
  • 5 Seconds of Summer - She's Kinda Hot (#24)
  • DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (#29)
  • Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (#30)

Last Week's #1: Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (5)


The Chart:
#30. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ed Sheeran - Growing Up [Sloane's Song] (DEBUT)
Peak: #30
Weeks on Chart: 1
#29. One Direction - Drag Me Down (DEBUT)
Peak: #29
Weeks on Chart: 1
#28. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (#27)
Peak: #27
Weeks on Chart: 2
#27. twenty one pilots - Tear in My Heart (RE-ENTRY)*
Peak: #17
Weeks on Chart: 8
#26. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (#28)
Peak: #21
Weeks on Chart: 6
#25. George Ezra - Budapest (#26)
Peak: #4
Weeks on Chart: 20
#24. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away (DEBUT)
Peak: #24
Weeks on Chart: 1
#23. Flo Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It (DEBUT)
Peak: #23
Weeks on Chart: 1
#22. Jason Derulo - Cheyenne (DEBUT)
Peak: #22
Weeks on Chart: 1
#21. Echosmith - Bright (#16)
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 20
#20. U2 - Song for Someone (DEBUT)
Peak: #20
Weeks on Chart: 1
#19. Tiga - [Far From] Home (#18)
Peak: #18
Weeks on Chart: 3
#18. Years & Years - King (#7)
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 9
#17. Jack Ü/Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now (#15)*
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 9
#16. American Authors - Go Big or Go Home (#17)
Peak: #16 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 4
#15. Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me (#20)
Peak: #15 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#14. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (#12) {3 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 20
#13. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town (#25)
Peak: #13 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 8
#12. Silentó - Watch Me [Whip / Nae Nae] (#14)
Peak: #12 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 6
#11. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Omen (#10)
Peak: #10
Weeks on Chart: 2
#10. X Ambassadors - Renegades (#11)
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 5
#9. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (#23)
Peak: #9 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 2
#8. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (#13)*
Peak: #8 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 5
#7. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#9) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 17
#6. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (#1) {5 Weeks @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 19
#5. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#8)
Peak: #5 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 11
#4. Major Lazer x DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On (#5)
Peak: #4 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 10
#3. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#2) {1 Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 9
#2. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (#3)
Peak: #2 (new peak)
Weeks on Chart: 10










And the #1 song for this 20th week IS...






#1. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (#4) {2nd Week @ #1}
Peak: #1
Weeks on Chart: 12









This Week's Biggest Tumble: Years & Years - King (-11)
This Week's Biggest Leap: Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (+14)


Breakout Hit of the Week:
Saint Motel - My Type

This week I would like to give a double ShoutOut to...

Ethan and Adrian!!!
Thanks, Ethan, for giving us a nice review last week!
Thanks, Adrian, for providing the single cover to Cheyenne which I actually prefer over the one I made last week!
And thank YOU, dear reader, for checking the Chart!!!

#DeoSitGloria
-Thatchos :)

13 comments:

  1. Welp, I knew you were gonna put Song For No One on the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaasssss! Drag Me Down debuted!!! My new favorite song on this chart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you for the shoutout!


    Now...











    YES LEAN ØN HAS A NEW PEAK THIS IS SØ GØØD ØMG IF THIS SØNG HITS NUMBER ØNE I MIGHT ACTUALLY CRY NØW LETS GET TØ THE TØP 5 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lance awaits his much needed 4th shoutout to tie For the lead! PLEASE THATCHY PLEASEEEE!!! I'll go anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you decide the breakout hit of the week Thatchos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YASSSS MY TYPE MY TYPE MY TYPE

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week actually was more of a Curlin's Top 45 kind of week. Anyone agree with me?

    And now, debut(s) review time!
    30. Haven't heard it yet.
    29. What Adrian said.
    27. Okay, so this is TECHNICALLY a re-entrant, but yay! Glad this re-entered the chart!
    24. OMG YAS YAS YAS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23. A late-comer to the party, but whatever! I still like, er, should I say, LOVE, it!
    22. Same as #24.
    20. Of course this is the highest ranking debut on the CC. Classic Thatchos. I like it, though!

    And...that's it from me! #G1GB and #DeoSitGloria
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ima review the debuts:

    Growing Up: Very catchy song and I hope it stays a while (green)

    Drag Me Down: 1D's beat and also a very catchy song (green

    Locked Away: One of my favorite songs right now and the best debut in my opinion (green)

    Cheyenne: Love this song also 2nd best debut in my opinion (green)

    Song For Someone: I hated this song at first but it is growing on me (blue)

    Best song on countdown: Omen

    Worst song on countdown: Bright

    Breakout hit opinion: I LOVE THIS SONG




    ReplyDelete
  9. Continental Chart review time!

    In case you forgot the color code:

    purple = best song
    blue = great song
    green = good/okay song
    turquoise = song is close to getting old
    orange = song is old
    red = bad song
    pink = worst song

    Now let's get on with it!

    Exits:

    x6. Ohok. I guess I'm a trendsetter. (blue)
    x19. :O (blue)
    x21. Making room for Wildest Dreams, maybe? (blue)
    x22. FINALLY (red)
    x24. ...Nono. (blue)
    x29. Not you too, Thatchos! (blue)
    x30. This really didn't smash like a motherf*****. (blue)

    The Chart:

    30. I expect big things from this one. (dark green)
    29. Expected. And that's a good thing. (blue)
    28. Not Meghan's best, but it's good... for now. (green)
    27. There we go! That's better. (blue)
    26. Moving up, maybe? (blue)
    25. This is still here? AWESOME! (blue)
    24. #spacefiller #justanothersong (pink)
    23. Second tenure on mine, first on here. Let's see how it does on both. (blue)
    22. THANK YOU SO MUCH (blue)
    21. Wow! I thought you were getting tired of this! (turquoise)
    20. Like Remy said: classic Thatchos. (blue)
    19. OK, what is this thing? (dark green)
    18. Well, alright then. (blue)
    17. Rise, please! (Not too much though.) (blue)
    16. Go big, baby! (blue)
    15. YAAAAAS NEW FAVORITE SONG (blue)
    14. This is better than what Hits 1 is doing with it. (orange)
    13. 12 SPOTS OMG (blue)
    12. Really? (red)
    11. I need to hear this one! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME >.< (dark green)
    10. I don't know what to say here, so I'll start a lyric chain.

    And I said hey, hey, hey, hey,
    Living like we're renegades,
    Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey,
    Living like we're renegades,
    We're renegades, we're renegades! (blue)

    9. This might be overdoing it, but I'm not complaining. (blue)
    8. TOP 10 BABYYYYYYYAAAAAAAASSSSSSS (blue)
    7. Surprised to see this one this high. #notreallytho (blue)
    6. Prediction: #19 next week. (green)
    5. Yay, new peak! (blue)
    4. Yay, also new peak! (blue)
    3. Two more spots up, por favor? (blue)
    2. Yay! The best new peak in the history of new peaks! (blue)
    1. Same as #22.

    Alright, here's my deal with this song:

    I loved it at first, but about a month ago when I was a guest DJ, I got to announce Jealous and someone else got to announce this song. Fate turned against me, so I decided to turn against fate, rebel against Hits 1 and the song, and hate the song. But by some turn of events, I let it slide and started liking the song again. Why else would the song currently be at the top of Curlin's Top 45?

    So that's it. (purple)

    And that's also it for the review! See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe the wildest dreams video will be nature themed

    ReplyDelete