Saturday, May 23, 2015

Continental Chart - Week of May 23, 2015

Only nine weeks into this chart, and I already know what I'm doing for the year-end chart. It's gonna be special and epic. But it's gonna be in about seven or eight months, so I'll...wait to tell you guys about it... >:)

For now, let's move on to this week's Dearly Departed Ditties:

  • Nick Jonas - Chains (#18) [x2]
  • Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (#22)
  • Iggy Azalea/Jennifer Hudson - Trouble (#23) [x2]
  • Ed Sheehan & Rudimental - Bloodstream (#24) [x2]
Last Week's #1: Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (1)

The Chart:
#30. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out (#25)
#29. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (DEBUT)
#28. Maroon 5 - Sugar (RE-ENTRY)
#27. Ryn Weaver - OctaHate (#29)
#26. Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband (#27)
#25. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (#30)
#24. Sia - Elastic Heart (#28)
#23. The Script - No Good in Goodbye (#11) {2 Weeks @ #1}
#22. Taylor Swift/Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood (DEBUT)
#21. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding - Outside (#15)
#20. LunchMoney Lewis - Bills (#16)
#19. Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (DEBUT)
#18. Alesso/Roy English - Cool (#8)
#17. AJR - Infinity (#10)
#16. Marlon Roudette - When the Beat Drops Out (#19)
#15. Tori Kelly - Nobody Love (#21)
#14. Zedd/Selena Gomez - I Want You to Know (#20)











#13. Life of Dillon - Overload (#26) {1 Week @ #1}
#12. David Guetta/Sam Martin - Dangerous (#14)
#11. Sam Smith - Lay Me Down (#5)
#10. Echosmith - Bright (#12)
#9. Sheppard - Geronimo (#17)
#8. Nate Ruess - AhHa (#7)
#7. Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life (#13) {1 Week @ #1}
#6. George Ezra - Budapest (#9)












#5. DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (#4)
#4. Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love (#2) {3 Weeks @ #1}










#3. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (#6)
#2. Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (#1) {1 Week @ #1}











And this week's NEW #1 song IS.....









#1. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#3) {1st Week @ #1}











This Week's Biggest Tumble: The Script - No Good in Goodbye (-12)
This Week's Biggest Leap: Life of Dillon - Overload (+13)



Breakout Hit of the Week:

Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MØ - Lean On

This week's ShoutOut goes to...

Remy!!
Thanks for commenting on the signoff and the choice of Breakout Hit last week!
And thank YOU, dear reader, for checking the Chart!

#DeoSitGloria
-Thatchos :)

25 comments:

  1. Great chart! I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are u gonna add Zedd/Logic/X Ambassadors-Transmissions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can find a single cover for Transmissions, I'll add it. If I can't find one, I'll just make my own, like I did with Uma Thurman and Honey, I'm Good. I don't like using album covers for songs.

      Delete
  3. It seems like everyone has See You Again as #1 on their Top 30/45 charts.
    Hmm... interesting. :)
    Also, are you sure that's the official single cover for This Summer's Gonna Hurt?
    Just checkin'. :D
    Oh, and btw...
    Thanks for the (SECOND) shoutout Thatchy!
    Wow... you must really like me...
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I. There are three single covers for This Summer's Gonna Hurt, and they all have the same concept and the same background. Just the text is different: the first one has "This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherf---er" as the text, there's a second one which has "This Summer's Gonna Hurt…" and some empty space where the other words would've been, and the third just has "This Summer's Gonna Hurt" up dead center. The third one's the one I'm using.
      II. To be honest, I've ran out of people to shout-out (no offense). I like all of you guys, and I show no bias towards anyone. :)
      III. Yeah, it's like a thing to have SYA at #1. It's cool.


      :D

      Delete
  4. OMG WHY HASN'T CHEERLEADER DEBUTED YET??????
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just hasn't gotten much "airplay" this week. Next week, if it gets dat good airplay, it might join the chart. That's what happened with Fight Song. It was a Breakout, then it was gone, and a week later…here it is. :)

      Delete
  5. this makes bad blood the 2nd rap songs after see you agian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Iggy Azalea/Jennifer Hudson - Trouble was the first rap song. Then, I think, was See You Again and then Bad Blood.

      Delete
  6. this is the best for octahate jumping

    ReplyDelete
  7. o wait... barbra made me comfusing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On my Hit 30 chart, Nothing Without Love peaked at #1 for one week (sad, I know), SYA peaked at #1 for 3 consecutive weeks, and Cheerleader peaked at #1 for 2 non-consecutive weeks.
    This week, Bad Blood is a hot-shot debut, all the way up at #12. Could this be a possible future #1? We'll see...
    My shoutout this week goes out to (ahem, yours truly) Thatchos! Because I thought I'd return the favor of the simple shoutout, mainly because of your shoutout to me, Thatchos.
    You're one cool guy. ;D
    -Remy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I made charts before they were published. Here's all the non-published #1's I know of:
      1/17: Nick Jonas - Jealous (1)
      1/24: Fall Out Boy - Centuries (1)
      1/31: Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (1)
      2/7: Nick Jonas - Chains (1)
      2/14: Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (1)
      2/21: Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance (1)
      2/28: Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love (1 - DEBUT)
      3/7: Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (2)
      3/14: Vance Joy - Riptide (1)
      3/21: Nate Ruess - Nothing Without Love (2)

      So really Shut Up and Dance has had 2 weeks at #1, and Nothing Without Love has had 5 weeks at #1. But I don't count those just to take away confusion.


      I know. It's crazy.

      Delete
  9. My "New Songs Out There" tab on my blog has been updated! Check it out for some new fresh songs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where's Worth It- Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not here is where it is. Not here. :)

      Delete
    2. How dare you Thatchos. Worth It is the bomb!

      Delete
    3. To be honest...I think it's just trying too hard to be Talk Dirty 2.0. I admit, it's not a...horrible song, like...some others...but it doesn't really cut it for me. Sorry.

      P.S. Yes, I know I'm probably the only squad member who doesn't care for Worth It...but I'm okay with that.

      :P

      Delete
    4. I don't care for Worth It either. I mean, I like it, but Fifth Harmony are copycats.
      Worth It is like the female version of Talk Dirty.

      T-Swiz=Femme Fatale. Boom.
      -Remy

      Delete